Taking positive steps to green your building will reward both the Owners Corporation and the planet.
Green Building Council Australia lists the key 6 fundamental areas to get the best results when looking to green your building:
• Conduct an environmental audit
• Prioritise your green building goals
• Develop an environmental policy
• Engage other owners
• Set targets and measure your results
• Talk about green improvements.
Once you’ve determined your building’s environmental strengths and weaknesses, you need to assess which areas to tackle first. Greening your building may be as simple as implementing a few small changes or as comprehensive as undertaking a complete refurbishment. For further information on green building matters or how the green star rating system works please visit Green Building Council Australia.